Friday, July 23, 2010

Majestic God

Today I am praising our God for how creative he truly is. Late last spring (2009) I read the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan and then our youth group read it and did the DVD series early this year. Today I began reading it to Adam. Every time I have read this book and are exposed to how creative and amazing our God is... I can't put it down, I want to keep reading. However, Adam can only handle about 20 minutes of me reading to him at a time before he needs a break. Being forced to set it down and reflect on who God is has been so great. Instead of plowing through the book (which is easy to do with this book) when I pause to let Adam rest I ponder what I just read and I am in awe of our Creator.

Psalm 8

1 O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
above the heavens.

2 From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise
because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.

3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:

7 all flocks and herds,
and the beasts of the field,

8 the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.

9 O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Overall Adam had an okay day. He was pretty sleepy for most of the day, and even slept through his therapy sessions. Hopefully by Monday all the medication changes will be figured out. Adam had a special visitor today, he had a kid who was in the neuro care unit not quite a year ago stop by with his dad and they talked with Adam and I for a bit. Robert is doing really well, he is starting to speak and was walking and they stopped by to encourage Adam and tell him it gets better. Not only did they encourage Adam, but I was really encouraged too. He's not even a year past his accident and he's doing great. I was truly blessed by our visit, it was truly an honor that they shared their story.

I will update more tomorrow, I am so tired tonight and my eyes are getting heavy. Thanks for all your prayers... God hears you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wanted to say I love the new format on your blog Amy! God is so faithful to bring those around you that will bring encouragement. Blessings over you my family.
Love, Mom

Blog Archive