Monday, July 19, 2010

Love Me Some Small Group

Thank you for all your prayers regarding Adam's fever, it broke this morning!!!! Adam overall had a great day. He did not have one storm today, and he looks like he is feeling so much better. This afternoon physical and occupational therapy put Adam back up on their special table that helps to put Adam in standing position and get his body used to being upright. He seems to do really well it. Adam was very vocal today while he was capped and had his valve on he was making sure we knew he was there today. I love hearing his voice, it gives me so much that some day I will once again get to carry on a conversation with him. I miss him so much, I would do anything to hear him say "I love you babe".

This morning Adam and I had such a wonderful devotional time today. He had his eyes opened the whole time and was focusing on me the entire conversation that I was carrying on. I laughed, and cried and just relished in the sheer pleasure that God gave us more time together. God is so good. Theses moments that we share that go uninterrupted by nurses, doctors, therapy sessions are so far and few between, I just cherish every second. These moments that God gives me encourage me to remain strong in Him and to continue to trust in Him, because He is the giver of life, and He is the one who blesses us with these moments together. 2 Samuel 7:28 "O Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant."

Another goodbye... I took my mom to the airport this afternoon, goodbye was hard. My mom has done so much for me. She has maintained my home, helped with Mackenzie, been my shoulder to cry on, she's done a lot. She done more that I am aware of, of this I am sure. Mom, thanks for all you have done and continue to do, I love you.

So many of you have been faithful in sending us cards, letters, words of encouragement, care packages, and so much more... thank you all so much, I might not be able to verbally thank you all, but words cannot express how much this means to us. It's a reminder that there are so many of you partnering with my family while we are on such a long journey. Thank you. (Adam enjoys it too, I share every word with him!)

Tonight was the first time I have attended our small group since Adam's accident. This group has been such a rock for my family, holding me up, being behind the scenes on so many levels (again I am not even sure I am aware of all they have done and continue to do), they have made so many long treks out to UNC to sit with me, pray with me, encourage me, they continue to meet so many of the needs that our family has... we are honored to be in such an amazing group. Truly there is no way I could have come this far on this journey without them. I love you guys, thanks for all you have done, and all you continue to do. We are so blessed by you all. Romans 12:15 (New King James Version) "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep." Thank you all for rejoicing with me in all the good moments, and weeping with me when I need to weep. We love you all so much!

Our Family (small group)

4 comments:

Mary said...

We had a great time last night with lots of smiling. My heart was happy. The zany picture is real good. He he he. We love you and Adam so much!

pashastub said...

So happy that things are looking up!! Happy Birthday to Mckenzie and God Bless You and your family!!

Debbie said...

Oh, I'm so glad you were able to make it! Your small group is such a blessing!!!

FROM MARRIAGE TO MOTHERHOOD said...

Praise God for all the positive reports Amy!! You are an amazing wife on so many levels!! I'm so glad that you have an incredible support system around you and that you were able to connect with them last night : ) I remain rooting for Adam!

Blog Archive