Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let's Try This Again... Take 3

Today was our third time being moved out of the NSICU and I feel in my heart it's the last time!

Besides you know what they say... "third time is the charm". Being that we have spent 44 days out of our 53 day journey in the NSICU, the NSICU staff have become somewhat of a source of comfort, they all have walked through so much and so many hours with me. So many of them have rejoiced with me, cried with me, comforted me, listened to me... gone above and beyond to just be there for us. I wasn't able to get pictures of all the nurses and staff that help take care of Adam and I, but here are a few of the many that have touched our lives forever.

This has been home for way too long... Good Bye ICU!!!

This was Adam's board this morning in his room

Awesome HUC's, Raquel and Adria


Amazing NA (Nursing Assistants) Nikki and Kendall


Part of the incredible nursing staff Erica, Charlene, and Harold


More wonderful nurses Amy and Jim


Adam's crew Renee, Sonya, Lisa, and Derek


Another incredible nurse Blythe


Sweet Sheila


We were blessed to have Bridgette, such a sweet nurse


Adam had a fairly good day today. He did have a neurological storm early this afternoon, but was able to control it quickly with medication. Because he was out of the ICU he wasn't being bothered every 20 minutes or so, so this afternoon was the first time I saw Adam enter a deep sleep. He rested well, it was so awesome to see, rest is so vital for healing.
This morning when we were having our devotional and prayer time together I was talking to him like I do every morning, encouraging him and letting him know how much I believe in him and this morning he starting moaning back at me, like he was trying so hard to have a conversation. I could tell he was working so hard, he was able to hear his voice. I was so proud of him... I told him I knew what he was trying to tell me, I really do feel like I know what he was saying. The physical therapist worked with Adam for awhile this afternoon and Adam tolerated the therapy with no problem!
I am so excited to continue on this journey. I love how sweet and tenderly God has spoken to me during this season of my life and I have been amazed how he has drawn me into His loving arms. If you read my facebook page this morning then you already read this... but one thing I have been learning through this is I don't always have to ask for things in my prayer time, I need to spend time in adoration and thanksgiving worshiping my God. God already knows my needs, I need to worship Him for who He is, because God doesn't give us all we need... HE IS ALL WE NEED. John 4:23 "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks." So join me in worshiping Him and praising Him for who He is... Amen!?!!!
Psalm 59:16 "But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble."

8 comments:

Carlee said...

Praise God for his works! He is mighty and just, trustworthy and true! Praise His Holy name. May He continue to walk this journey of life with you. Sing praises to His name!

Jody said...

All of this is great news! And Scott and I *love* your shirt!

Gretchen said...

Amy, I think the band of prayer warriors in Oregon and Kansas and elsewhere would love to get one of your shirts. Did someone from your church make it? Is it one of a kind or could we get some too?

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy ~

It's Sheri again from Snohomish; I go to your mom's church as I wrote before. Even though we have not met, I just want you to know how proud I am of you and Adam. You are such an inspiration to others ~ even during this traumatic season in your life. I continue to pray for you daily ... and for God to do a miraculous and complete healing for your Adam.

Sheri Halberg
Snohomish, WA

Adam & Amy Root said...

I designed and made the shirts, it was a fun little side project. I only made one for Mackenzie and one for me to see how they would turn out... but I am looking into making more. I will keep you all updated on the shirts and let you know what I decide.

Anonymous said...

Amy, I have gotten to know you and admire you and your strength and love for God. I know the Colo. and NM families pray for you both steadily. Your shirt is great and says it all. Love in Christ, A. Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Praise God! We will continue to pray, and we love you both! Praying for more miracles . . . and believing they will happen!
kelsey

pashastub said...

Yeah such AWESOME news..Continuing prayer from Aztec NM!!

Blog Archive