Saturday, July 3, 2010

God's Gifts

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Today has been a day easy to rejoice in! God has given me a couple of precious gifts. The first... Yesterday when I was given Adam's CT results the doctor was in a hurry and wouldn't tell me anything other than it looked good. So the first chance I got today to ask what did "good" mean I did... and guess what... Adam's brain has returned as close as possible to mid-line!!! This means what they thought would take a course of time for it to return to center took less than 24 hours... God is so good, Amen!?!!!

This is not the only good news I get to report on tonight!!!... The second gift... Adam also wiggled his thumb twice (it barely moved so the nurse will not count it until he responds in 4 exams over a 24 hour period, but I am counting it because I saw it too and twice!!!)

Deuteronomy 3:24 "O Sovereign Lord, you have begun to show to your servant your greatness and your strong hand. For what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do the deeds and mighty works you do?"

My heart has been so happy and overflowing with praise for our Creator. I am blessed enough to see God knitting Adam back together. He is so faithful to respond to the cries of my heart and soul. I recognize that this is such a special gift that God has given me, to be able to see His mighty hand at work and to see the doctors puzzled, I will never be puzzled, just in awe or His great works.

You all have been such an amazing support interceding on our behalves, praying daily and fervently for us, please do not loose gravity it is now we are needing prayers more... Your prayers are going to be vital to Adam's recovery. If I could encourage you, please don't loose focus, we still have a long journey, a long road ahead of us. Please continue to pray for Adam's full recovery. We are proclaiming a full recovery for Adam in Jesus' name. It means so much to know so many of you are praying for my mighty warrior, my amazing husband... my man. Thank you.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Amy - this is such exciting news! :) You guys are always in my thoughts and I pray for you and Adam whenever he pops into my head. I check your blog a couple times per day to see any news. I haven't touched base with you in a long time though. Just wanted you to know we're still praying and so happy that Adam is recovering so well from this last surgery!! Praise the Lord!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely thrilled out in Oregon! What GREAT news! My prayers will continue.

Vicky Scott said...

Amy,
Great news! You are so right to be so positive about anything that Adam does because medical science does not know, but God does! Know that Adam, Amy, and family are in the daily emails I send out and many are praying throughout the world for you and we will not stop. Never give up hope and never, never, never give up!
Praise be to God,
Vicky

pashastub said...

AMEN>>>YEAH<<<<<<<<< So glad to hear good news! Continuing to pray for ALL of you! The MacCready's

Anonymous said...

Thanking God with you Amy for this beautiful direct answer to our prayers for Adam!!! Praise and Glory to God! :-)

Colette

Blog Archive