Saturday, July 24, 2010

God Is My Guide

Jeremiah 10:23 "I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps."

Psalm 37:23 "If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm"

Isaiah 30:21 "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'"

No matter how lonely the journey feels at times, this journey is not for Adam and I to walk it alone or unguided. God has made it clear to me that He is here to guide me and strengthen me only when I acknowledge that this is not for me to walk on my own. He will show me the way and walk before me each and every step. This provides comfort that is indescribable, only God can comfort in this way. It's a choice again for me to choose to be obedient to walk in His ways no matter how difficult the journey... He provides the strength and comfort needed for the journey if I trust in Him with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding but in every step acknowledge Him and He will make the path straight (Proverbs 3:5 & 6).
A really good friend sent me this quite this week and I wrote it down and have been carrying with me, it's a reminder that God is guiding each step... "The will God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you." (unknown) God is in control of mine and Adam's destiny, and no matter the difficulty He is going before Adam and I and carrying us through.

Adam was able to get a lot of rest today, which is good for him. He has been in a lot of pain the last 3 days. It's the first time I have visibly seen facial expressions showing pain. He has been treated for the pain, but it's excruciating. Please pray that God will relieve of this pain. I think he has severe headaches and his back is in pain. When I asked the nurse for ice bags I put one on is head and when he was laying on his side I put one on his back where he had the spinal fractures. He seemed to relax and calm down when the ice was there. Today Mackenzie and I brought our scrapbooking materials to the hospital and set up shop in the cafeteria, we had such a great time. Adam joined us for almost 3 hours, it was great family time! Then he went back and rested. I continued to check on him and periodically sit with him a little every hour... but while he was resting we were being creative and spending wonderful time together.

I feel so encouraged seeing how God has walked so faithfully before me each step of this journey, and I am trusting in Him for what is yet to come. He is faithful and true, and He loves us... oh how He loves.

No comments:

Blog Archive