Monday, July 26, 2010

Childlike Faith

Praising the Lord for answered prayers and for so many of you being faithful in praying for Adam! Many of you read the blog post from last night and must be praying... today Adam was alert and awake for most of the day. Almost every time I spoke to him or in his room he looked for me and looked at me! He was also very vocal today as well... like I said last night, I think he just needed the weekend of rest to rest up for therapies.

Adam's special boots were made and fitted to his feet today. These boots are designed to help return Adam's feet to a normal posture. Today they started putting them on Adam's feet for only short periods of time because they are so painful consistently stretching his feet. He seemed to do okay for most of the day. I am so proud of him! He truly is the strongest man I know, and I believe in him, he can do this... it's hard and sometimes hard to watch but I know he can do it.

Tonight while I was tucking Mackenzie in for bed and listening while she said her prayers I was so touched by her prayer. She asked God to continue to heal her dad's brain, she asked that He would bless everyone who has blessed us, and she prayed recognizing that God has plans even though we don't know what they are to please make us patient and obedient on the journey. She prayed this prayer with a genuine heart and I could tell everything she prayed for she truly believed God wasn't just listening, but doing something about it.

I love Mackenzie's love for her Jesus. I am so blessed that God has chosen me to be her mommy. There is something to be said for that childlike faith. Her faith and belief has been an example to me for many years... it's just simple, so many times I have made it more complicated than it is, yet watching her... it's just simple. Mark 10:14 & 15 "When Jesus saw what was happening, he was angry with his disciples. He said to them, 'Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. 15 I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.'"

No comments:

Blog Archive