Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Boldly Asking

If there has ever been a day that I have been so grateful for so many people praying... this has been one of those days.

84 more hours until I get to see my sweet girl, I miss her like crazy and I can't wait to see her. I have not been able to reach her the last couple of days... I am tyring really hard to not get upset, but to understand that everything happens for a reason... anyway... I am praying God's covering and protection over my little girl. I am praying that she feels His comforting presence all around her, she doesn't just feel His peace, but knows His peace. I miss her, I miss Adam... my hear is just hurting from how much I am missing the 2 people I share daily life with. I miss my family.

Adam has not had a very good day. He has stormed from 11pm last night till 3:30pm today when he finally fell asleep. Needless to say therapy sessions didn't get much from him today. He would open his eyes but would not look at me only through me... he just wasn't there today. But I know wherever he is, God is with him and holding him. We have learned for every step forward there may be 2 or 3 steps back... these last couple of days have been a few steps back.

1 John 5:14 "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us." Hebrews 4:16 (NKJV) says "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Please join me in continuing to approach the throne of grace with confidence and ask God with boldness for Adam's full recovery, I am asking God to remove all excess fluid build up in Adam's brain. I am asking God to restore to me my husband. I am believing in nothing less than above and beyond full recovery. My God is bigger than this brain injury.

Music has such amazing healing power, if there is a song that God puts on your heart for Adam and I please send it to us. There have been moments on this journey when I can't do anything else but listen to God's word through song and He has spoken to me through music, praise, song. I love my sweet Jesus, oh how my heart loves to praise Him. You can email me at amyroot@live.com or mail a copy of the song to my home address. If you need my address please email me.

Meredith Andrews "In Your Arms"

I'm turning the world off
Embracing the silence
Walking away from all the voices
That are Screaming in my ear

I've been too caught up
I've been so stressed out
All of the noise replaced the whisper
That used to be so clear

So I close every door
Put my face back on the floor

And I'm in Your arms
Where I belong
There's no other place for me
Than right where You are
Some things just don't change
When I call Your name
You never hesitate to wrap me in endless grace
When I'm in Your arms

I'm letting my fears go
Giving You control
For You are the one who holds me closer
In my soul's darkest night

Everything I see
Is so temporary
So help me to run the race before me
With eternity in sight

Now I close every door
Put my face back on the floor

And I'm in Your arms
Where I belong
There's no other place for me
Than right where You are
Some things just don't change
When I call Your name
You never hesitate to wrap me in endless grace
When I'm in Your arms

To sit at Your feet
At Your table of mercy
To gaze on Your beauty, my Lord
To drink from Your well
And be changed by Your glory
How could I ask for more
Jesus, how could I ask for more

And I'm in Your arms
Where I belong
There's no other place for me
Than right where You are
Some things just don't change
When I call Your name
You never hesitate to wrap me in endless grace
When I'm in Your arms

1 comment:

Jewel said...

I have been praying for Mackenzie all week. His grace is sufficient:) I do keep hearing songs and thinking of you. Music is so powerful in touching us on a level where even words can't express and I love that. I just pictured you standing by a well drawing up fresh water to drink. That's my prayer that you'd stay there continually drawing love and God would continually be supplying you with sip after sip throughout these days ahead. I love you and won't forget you. I still wish I could be there for you physically. Mackenzie visiting out here has me really wanting to sit next to you, hold your hand and listen to you express the things deep in your heart. Soon:) and until then I'm lifting you, Adam, Mackenzie and your whole family up in prayer. (sorry this got long...)

Blog Archive