Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Body of Christ

I have been blessed and I am so blessed. Thank you to all the families that came over tonight and did so many of the things Adam usually does. Thank you for cleaning air filters, changing the oil in the cars and cleaning them, taking care of our garden, cooking dinner, fixing our computer (which was experienced the blue screen of death a couple of days ago, thanks to a nasty storm), and so much more. You all have shown me such a beautiful picture of what the body of Christ looks like.

Romans 12: 4 & 5 "Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others."

Today I was having my time with God and I was praying and really trying so hard to listen. God has been so faithful in speaking to me and today when I asked Him why I haven't heard from Him, I got this... "Let my body speak for me". Knowing that so many families were coming to bless us I knew what God was trying to tell me. His body was coming over and it was through their selfless acts of kindness that each of them was being used by God as His body. What a neat thing it was to reflect on that and to see His body tangibly. What a gift on so many levels. Again thank you for all your help. Watching so many people serve as a member of the body of Christ really makes me want to be more intentional about using the gifts God has given me so that I can bless others. Being a member of the body of Christ is such a privilege, but it is also a responsibility. I pray that God will make me aware of my gifts and I offer all of me to be used by Him. Again, I am so blessed by the body of Christ... not just the ones who were physically here, but also all of you who are serving Him by being obedient to your gifts, by praying for our family and supporting our family in other ways. Thank you.

Overall Adam's day was very similar to the last couple of days. He had a few storms, his fever has been up, and he was busy with therapy. Today an orthotics doctor came and looked at Adam's feet. Between him and the physical and occupational therapist they decided Adam needed special made boots to help keep his feet in a normal posture. So the process began today, the orthotics expert came and put casts on Adam's feet, measured his feet, and made molds... all this will help make Adam special boots that will help pull his feet back to a normal posture. Hopefully by next week after several fittings and tries Adam will be fitted with new boots.

Part of what has made Adam's feet loose their posture is that his muscle tone has gotten so bad so the doctor increased his medication for his muscle tone. I didn't like the medication they had him on for his tone, it made him to sleepy so they switched his medication. The doctor also increased Adam's medication for his storming and for his blood pressure and heart rate. With all these medication changes please pray that Adam will adjust quickly to these changes and that there will be no side effects to these changes. God is good and I know He is holding Adam.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Amy I am so glad you have such great and faithful friends. The small everyday things of life are what I have been wishing I could do for you. So for my part it's prayer.

Aunt Gretchen

DeAnna said...

Boots sound better than the pins that were in each of my friends toes, that then were attached to a special contraption to help her feet stay in place. I hope the boots work great for him.

Blog Archive