Friday, July 2, 2010

Believing

Adam My Warrior

I am so excited about Adam's recovery process the last several days. Adam is doing well for 1 day post operation. Every time I talked to him today he opened his eyes to the sound of my voice. His vitals were stable for most of the day, he had one episode where the elevated and needed to be medicated. He is doing remarkably well. He had a post operation CT scan today and the doctors seemed very encouraged by his CT scan... they said it looked great. It will be a little bit longer for his brain to return to center since it was pushed to the right for so long... but it's getting there. Adam is at the highest risk of infection 24-72 hours post operation, an infection would be very serious for him, so please join me in praying against infection... every time you all have prayed against infection it has worked, so I am pleading with you all again, please pray against infection or even signs of infection.

So many of you have asked if Adam is still in a coma since he is opening his eyes, and the answer is yes he is still in a coma. It will be a long process for him to wake up, but with him opening his eyes spontaneous is a really good sign that the process is beginning! One thing I have learned about comas... it's nothing like what you see on TV.

I have been so excited, Adam has been doing so well today that who knows... maybe our ICU stay is just about finished!

God has been so faithful. He has continued to show me who He is and how might He is. I have discovered attributes about God that I might not have otherwise had the privilege or opportunity to do so. One thing I know for sure, we serve one incredibly creative God... for our brains to all be so unique and different. In school and growing up I was always taught that everyone has unique fingertips, but no one mentioned to me, that I can recall, how different every individuals brain is.

God is the only one who knows how Adam will recover, no else knows... the doctors can make an educated guess... but I am glad my God is not a God of guesses, but of certainty... He knows all things.
Psalm 34:1-4 (Message) "I bless God every chace I get; my lungs expand with his praise. I live and breathe God;if things aren't going well, hear this and be happy. Join me in spreading the news; together let's get the word out. God met me more than halfway, he freed me from my anxious fears."

In this season I am not just believing in God, but I am believing God. I am holding onto His promises, His words, His comfort, His peace... because He knows... and when I remind myself that He knows all things... fear subsides. With God in control, there is no room for fear. Dear Heavenly Father, I praise you for knowing all things, I praise you because you are in control, I praise you because you are so incredibly creative. I thank you for the work you have done in Adam's life as well as our family, I thank you for what you are doing and I thank you for what is yet to come. God, I thank you that with you in charge, there is no room for "what ifs" or fear, because you see the end result. And Your word promises hope and a future, so I come before you completely humbled and on my knees bowing believing in your promises, trusting you, and holding onto Your word. Etch a new scripture verse on my heart, continue to open my eyes to who You are. I want more of you. I love you so much and I thank you for loving me first. And it's in Your precious name I pray, Amen.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hey Amy! We rejoice with you in all God has done & will do! What Karie said yesterday is so true. God could use you in a mighty way when all this is through. Not just speaking to women, but our youth today also need to hear these kinds of real life stories of God! There are so many others trying to convince our kids that God is not real or that if He is, He doesn't care or worse yet, that He is just waiting to zap us when we do something wrong. You and Adam are a testimony to the fact that we live in a world where bad things happen, even to good people, but that God never deserts us. That He cares about the little things as well as the big things. That He is mighty & always in control. He will never allow us to go where His grace & mercy can not sustain us! Everyday I read Kathleen & your blogs excited to see what God will do next. What a testimony you both will have and through it all you are allowing God to be glorified! Thank you for taking us along on the journey! Love & prayers from Julie for the Hales Family

Debbie said...

Hi Amy! Thinking about you this morning while reading "Beautiful Womanhood." Your love for, and obedience to the Lord is contagious!

"Your identity as a daughter of God enables you to walk where He leads with the confidence that He is with you. The inner confidence that comes from knowing you're loved by God will produce in you the boldness to face the struggles you encounter."

"Your role as wife and mother is profoundly beautiful. You shape the lives of your husband, children, and generations to come. The wife and mother who invests herself fully will reap great rewards, bless her family, and leave a powerful legacy."

Praying against infection, for complete healing, and strength & love for the journey.
I love you,
Debbie

Jewel said...

That is so good Amy. I love that Debbie called your love and obedience infectious...it is!

I'm praying with you against infection and praising God for the remarkable work He's doing here:) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't get to see you guys on Friday, but pray that Adam will continue to heal and if he does move to the floor this weekend that the transition would be smooth. Be encouraged and rest, soak in the presence of God. Allow yourself to be renewed so that you have the continued strength to be there for your man! I will see you on Mon.
-JS

Blog Archive