Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Becoming Disciplined

Hang in there tonight... it's a long post.

Today in mine and Adam's morning time together, I was reading to him Hebrews 12 and towards the middle of the chapter it talks about discipline. I believe God is disciplining myself and Adam... not in a corrective way but in a way that is structured and routine. To be disciplined in trusting him that he is in control and has a plan.

Hebrews 12:7-13 "Endure hardship as discipline...God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 'Make level paths for your feet,' so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed." I loved my footnote from my Bible, "God is not only a disciplining parent but also a demanding coach who pushes us to our limits and requires our lives to be disciplined. Although we may not feel strong enough to push on to victory, we will be able to accomplish it as we follow Christ and draw on his strength." The more I learn about God and what he desires for us the easier it is to endure hardship as discipline. When I can see the end result is going to be a harvest of righteousness and peace, I know I can keep going in this journey. I believe God is doing a work in Adam and in me... he is making us disciplined. So even through this trial and hardship I will continue to raise my hands to the heavens praising and worshiping my Creator and saying, "here we are Lord use us".

Tonight, I want to ask for prayer for our dog Daphene, she escaped this afternoon and we have been unable to find her. Several neighbors and myself walked and drove the streets looking for her and no sign of her. Please pray for her safe return.

Adam has been running a fever all day, but this evening it spiked to 102.5 Anytime his fever goes above 102 it means all new blood and lab draws to rule out infection. Adam also had a CT scan done again today and it showed no change... which is good, it means the fluid on the left isn't growing any at all and it means his fluid has stabilized. The doctors are increasing his medication for his muscle tone again tomorrow... Adam is so rigid they are just trying to get his muscles to relax and stop spasming. The moment I rejoiced in today... Physical therapy and Occupational therapy have been working with Adam to hold his head up and he hasn't been able to. I have noticed when I am pushing him in his wheelchair he does not like bumps... I think it's painful to go over them and feels every little bump. When I was pushing him today he held his head off the wheelchair's headpiece so that his head wouldn't bump against the back! So many times I have held his head for him so he wouldn't feel the bumps, but today he did all by himself!

Tomorrow is the day so many of you have set aside to fast and pray for Adam's recovery (http://www.fasting-for-adam.blogspot.com/) thank you for being so faithful and continuing to proclaim and declare full recovery over Adam's body and brain. We are so blessed to have so many awesome prayer warriors partnering with us. Please pray for progress in Adam's recovery. Pray for purposeful movements and an increase awareness. Please pray for his fever to be gone and not to return again. Please pray for the pain he is in with his muscle tone and the boots that help his feet (but cause pain), please pray that our insurance will make wise decisions and that God would allow them discernment that is much needed when they are discussing Adam's case. We have so much to be thankful and grateful for and it's important to praise God in our prayers for so many of the blessings he has already poured forth, so please join me praising and bowing in adoration to the King of kings who has already done so much. There is so much power in prayer. God hears your prayers and mine... and I am still trusting in God's timing, and in the mean time I am choosing to wait as patient as I possibly can with God's help.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Amy I am so sorry to hear about your dog, I'm praying for her safe return. I hope today is a good one for Adam.

Shannon Annas said...

Amy, you are just on my heart today. I am so glad that Daphene is home! Since we have never met in person, I don't post here often, but wanted you to know that you are never far from my mind or my prayers. I faithfully check the blog each morning before my 'quiet time' so if you have anything specific to pray for, I am aware. I admire you so much for your faith in this walk, and am glad that you see how God is using this for His glory on a daily basis. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are experiencing, but know that we lift you up in our prayers daily. Stay strong - God has equipped you to handle this. You are doing an amazing job for Him by sharing so much of your faith and your heart every day. Again, if you need help with a playdate for Makenzie or anything, please let me know!

Your sister in Christ,
Shannon

Blog Archive