Friday, June 25, 2010

With God All Things Are Possible, Please Keep Praying


"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy." Francis of Assisi

"Where there is despair, hope" Lord, you have seen my despair, you have seen my grief please continue to give me faith and hope, even in my darkest, loneliest hours... reveal yourself to me. I know there is purpose and reason for this season even if I cannot see it, but I know God is refining Adam and I know God is refining me... different but, both of us are going through transformations. We will emerge, we will persevere, we will overcome, and there will be victory. God has already won the battle and victory has already been claimed on mine and Adam's life. Staying in there moment where I can continue to see this is vital.

I am missing Adam so much, it has been 42 days since Adam's accident and my heart hurts and is broken now more than ever... with each passing day it just gets harder. God, is my strength, He and He alone my hope is in... He is sustaining me in ways that seemed impossible, but I have seen nothing is impossible for God. He is the God of impossibilities, in moments when I don't think I can go on, He has said... "Here I am, let me carry you, Here I am, let me" This whole ordeal has seemed so impossible, yet God has shown me that as long as I allow Him to be in control, it's not impossible for Him. He has answered so many prayers, today I have seen Him answer 4 in the last several hours... He is moving.

We need your prayers, please don't cease in praying for us, with every passing moment we need more prayers, don't give up... please, please pray for Adam and for our family to endure, to persevere, to have strength to make it through the next hour. 2 Corinthians 4: 16-18 "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So fix out eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is see is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." I am doing my best to keep myself on what is unseen, I have seen God moving and I know I am being renewed day by day, and I praise my Maker for his majestic power, only He can make us new and renew us day by day. Choose Him so that He can make you new, a new creation to be used by Him.

Thank you for your prayers, Adam has finally become stable once again. The doctors are keeping a close eye on him and will continue to do so. Please pray that his chest xray and blood cultures come back negative for pneumonia. Adam has been showing signs of infection, join me in praying against infection. Approach the Throne of Grace with expectancy when praying for this (Hebrews 4:16). Thank you for your prayers last night and today, his CT scan this morning showed some improvement. Keep praying we still need them, know that God is using each of you as vessels when you are praying for Adam, He is moving mountains because you all are on your knees... thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart is broken as well Amy. Adam is being prayed for consatntly in Iraq. Know that while you sleep, I am awake and covering him in prayer. I give you my word that it will not cease. I miss my best buddy and his lovely wife. God bless both of you, I can't get back to you soon enough. Tell Adam that I'm looking forward to talking with him on Skype.

pashastub said...

May God keep you close as you continue the fight. Praying heavily all the time! The MacCready's in Aztec NM

Eeyore said...

My Utmost for His Highest (Updated Edition), June 25th: Receiving Yourself in the Fires of Sorrow - "You cannot find or receive yourself through success, because you lose your head over pride. And you cannot receive yourself through the monotony of your daily life, because you give in to complaining. The only way to find yourself is in the fires of sorrow. Why it should be this way is immaterial... You can always recognize who has been through the fires of sorrow and received himself, and you know that you can go to him in your moment of trouble and find that he has plenty of time for you... If you will receive yourself in the fires of sorrow, God will make you nourishment for other people."

What Mr. Chambers wrote reminds me of you, Amy. I don't exactly understand yet what "receiving yourself" means as English is not my native language. But one thing I know, God will make you nourishment for other people. He already is!

Maria

Blog Archive