Saturday, June 5, 2010

Praises, Converstions, & Devotion

Today I am going to start with an update on Adam and then share a personal, intimate story that has helped carry me through this journey.

Adam is doing AWESOME!!! I could not be more tickled! His blood pressure is down, his heart rate is stable, and by the very grace of God he has NO FEVER!!!! All culture tests came back negative! Which means no pneumonia, no infections! God has heard the cries of my heart and yours and he is dwelling here with us, faithfully answering our prayers! Adam has been working with physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy... which is helping to arouse his senses, and strength. All this has to be done for him because he is still in a coma and does not follow commands, however, he is beginning to open his eyes more spontaneously and move his left arm and hand. A coma is nothing like it is on television. From what the doctors tell me, he will begin by opening his eyes and he might do that for 3-6 weeks, then he might concentrate on an object or person for 3-6 weeks, then he might start to track someone or something... it's a very slow process. I can't wait till he is responsive, my heart aches, the pain I feel is the most intense pain I have experienced...I just miss him so much.

Yesterday, a sweet nurse gave me the best gift I have been given throughout this journey... she let me lay in bed with Adam. As I laid there I realized how truly blessed I am that God chose to spare Adam and let me have him longer. I wept as I laid my head on his bare chest... all I could think was I am truly the most blessed wife, and I am so lucky he picked me for his wife. Tears.

As far as the story I am finally ready to share with you all... On the Saturday of Adam's accident we were driving out to the track that day and we were talking about friendships and how I was feeling like I had been struggling a bit. Adam so gently and tenderly reached over and put his hand on me and said... "honey, I just want you to know how much I love being married to you, what we have is so special, you are my best friend, you're my favorite and I cherish every moment we have." All day that day I was on cloud nine, just feeling so loved by my man. And now that we are where we are, I think, what I an amazing and special gift God gave me in one of the last conversations I had with Adam. Throughout this journey, that conversation has played over and over again in my mind... how sweet is it that one of my very last conversations was my husband professing his love for me and letting me know how much he cherishes me... I weep as I am writing this, tears are falling.
In my devotion this morning it reads"We must continue to pray and 'wait for the Lord' (Isa. 8:17) until we hear the sound of His mighty rain. There is no reason why we should not ask for great things. Without a doubt, we will receive them if we ask in faith, having the courage to wait with patient perseverance for Him and meanwhile doing those things that are within our power to do." Pray. Hebrews 4:16 is a verse I have been clinging to "Let is then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." I will remain waiting on the Lord and trusting in His timing, I am continuing to approach the throne of grace with confidence, bolding asking for beyond a full recovery... I worship the Almighty Healer... and His grace is sufficient.

4 comments:

Jody said...

Praise God for His mighty Healing and all-consuming love for each one of us! We are believing without a shred of doubt that God is willing and able to heal Adam to 100% right there with you. I know our Heavenly Father is on fire with love for you and Adam and Mackenzie and is going to do great and mighty things through your solid faith in Him! Think of all the thousands of beautiful prayers He hears each day for his child, Adam!

"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"
Matthew 7:11

Love,
Jody & Scott

Pastor Matt LaPiana said...

Amy,
Praise God. I weep every time I read your posts. Not tears of sadness but tears of joy. Knowing that our Lord and Savior has Blessed you and continues to do so. Your strength brings me strength. I thank God that He is always with us and never forsakes us. I pray many times daily for Adam, you and everyone involved in his recovery. I praise God that He has given you the strength to share with us your personal experiences. I leave you with this. But because of his great love for us, God who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in our transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved. Eph. 2:4 God Bless you and Adam and thank you....

Christi said...

Amy I am grateful on a personal level for what this is teaching me and other about the power of prayer and truly what being constant in prayer means. Love you all lots and am continuing to pray!! Love Christi

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your blessings (and tears) with us today, Amy. I am blessed and touched deep in my heart as I read what you wrote.

My prayer this morning was that Adam would awaken from the coma today. Guess you can tell I'm not medically knowledgeable, ha. The progress report you share is truly praiseworthy...Praise & Glory to Jesus!!! I will continue to pray for Adam's recovery to be complete and expedited by the hand of our Lord!

Love and Hugs,
Colette

P.S. It is wonderful to have your sister back home. I know you miss having her there with you. Being able to see her & hug her at church this morning was tremendous! :-)

Blog Archive