Sunday, June 27, 2010

Equipped To Be Adam's Helpmate


No matter the circumstance, it will not interrupt my praise for my sweet Jesus. I love Jesus, and His love is so sweet. Psalm 7:17 "I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High."

I love that there are so many people that are concerned about me during this season, and I just want to remind you all that God is sustaining me... and I am doing my best to put one step in front of the other each day. God is my helper and He created me as Adam's helpmate. In this season being at Adam's bedside is my way to fulfill that God given role, please don't ask me to step away from that. My role as a wife has somewhat been robbed of me, but my role as Adam's helpmate will never be, because that is what God has designed me for. I know the doctors, nurses, family and friends have good intentions when they tell me to get out and breathe for a bit... but please realize if I don't that's okay too, God has equipped Mackenzie, Adam and I for this season. Being Adam's helpmate and being able to be in the hospital next to him and observe him has truly helped in so many ways, I notice and document things that nurses and Dr.'s wouldn't because I am with him. There will be a time when that I might become more comfortable leaving, but I am not there yet and that's okay. Please respect that I am fulfilling my role as Adam's helpmate. God has shown me when I need to step away and I will continue to pray that He will guide each step and each moment... I am trusting Him.

For those of you who know me well, know that I have always taken my role as Adam's wife and helpmate very seriously. I have spent countless hours in God's word and on my knees in prayer to learn how to be the wife that God had in mind for Adam. I am determined to add value to my man. I want to encourage other wives to do the following...

1. Encourage your man and Believe in him
Do you encourage your husband to succeed? Do you energize him, or do you make him tired? I've always wanted my husband to be the most excited man in the world to arrive home. I don't want him to fear walking through the door, but I want him to feel so excited to get there and tell me what's on his heart.

What are you doing today to encourage? 1Thessalonians 5:11, "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up."

2. Compliment your man. Let him know who appreciative you are that he picked you.
Let him hear it from you what an amazing man he is. Tell him how grateful you are for his role as a husband. Notice the little things that he does and make sure they don't go unnoticed.

Colossians 3:12 "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

3. Take care of your man
God has called those of us who are wives to be a helper in all things. Proverbs 18:22 says, "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord." So, I ask you, has your husband found a good thing? Keep in mind, the scriptural definition of wife is "helper." Has your husband found a helper? More than ever, a good woman — a true helpmate —is hard to find. If you are adding value to your husband, you are a hot commodity. If your husband has found you, he has found something worth more than precious jewels.

Proverbs 31:10 (The Message) goes on to say, "her husband trusts her without reserve, and never has reason to regret it...she treats him generously all her life long." You can start adding value to your husband today by being generous, as the Scripture says.

I love my role as Adam's wife and helpmate so much, I love my man so much.

The doctors gave me Adam's CT results, and there was no change. His brain is still pushed to the right and the fluid collection has not decreased. But they still think that we should see results from when they turned the shunt up a couple of days ago. So the plan is if Adam has a good night we will be moved to a step down unit where he will still be closely monitored and they will watch him this next week and then do another CT scan. On the next CT scan, if it shows the brain has become more centered then we are off in the right direction and can continue on this journey, if it shows no change or more fluid we will be looking at another surgery. So please, please pray that Adam's brain will be able to center itself with time and that the next CT scan show major improvement. Adam really had no change today, he had a couple of storms and they were able to treat them. He is still as handsome as ever, I just love being next to him.

Thank you all for your prayers, please help us by continuing to pray for Adam's recovery. We worship a God who is the I am. Please join me in praying for a miracle in Adam's recovery. He is worthy of all our praise despite our circumstances.

7 comments:

Doug Mortensen said...

We continue to pray.

Colleen said...

Amy, I'm praying daily for Adam, you, and McKenzie. Thank you for continuing to share your heart during this journey.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! I forgot my phone today so I cant call or text. I just wanted to let you know that I finally read your last entry just now. You are such a precious treasure to me! Thank you for encouraging me to be a wife that builds my husband up. Since Scott is gone physically I often forget this and busy myself in the life I have here and I forget that I can and should still be my husbands helpmate even if he is so very far away. I will be trying to come up with new and creative ways to build him up despite the distance between us. Thanks so much for this reminder and encouraging words. Love you! ~Stacy

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! I forgot my phone today so I cant call or text. I just wanted to let you know that I finally read your last entry just now. You are such a precious treasure to me! Thank you for encouraging me to be a wife that builds my husband up. Since Scott is gone physically I often forget this and busy myself in the life I have here and I forget that I can and should still be my husbands helpmate even if he is so very far away. I will be trying to come up with new and creative ways to build him up despite the distance between us. Thanks so much for this reminder and encouraging words. Love you! ~Stacy

Jewel said...

This is so good Amy! You are such a precious treasure to your man:) And yes, I am continuing to pray.

Mary said...

Here we go! This is the type of blog I like to read concerning you Amy. I feel like you're sitting in my kitchen drinking coffee from a Japanese tea cup! You go girl!

Teri Hooper said...

Wow! It continues to amaze me how God uses you in the midst of this season to minister to others. I am humbled and blessed by your suggestions. You are so right! I am praying to be the wife and helpmate Kevin needs. Thank you! We continue to pray for Adam's healing and believe, in His time, Adam will be completely restored. We are also praying for you. Your faithfulness and steadfastness and obedience are an inspiration to us all. Blessings sister!

Blog Archive