Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Very Present Help

My prayer and adoration is in the song below...

Made Me Glad by: Hillsong

I will bless the Lord forever
I will trust Him at all times
He has delivered me from all fear
He has set my feet upon a rock
I will not be moved
And I'll say of the Lord

You are my shield, my strength
My portion, deliverer
My shelter, strong tower
My very present help in time of need

Whom have I in heaven but You
There's none I desire beside You
You have made me glad
And I'll say of the Lord

You are my shield, my strength
My portion, deliverer
My shelter, strong tower
My very present help in time of need

I am not going to be able to write a ton tonight, I am exhausted.

Today has been another painfully long day at UNC. As mentioned in my previous blog post, Adam was moved back to ICU. His routine CT scan this morning showed his fluid collection on the left side of his brain to be a significant amount and is pushing his brain all the way to the right and could potentially cause serious harm and damage to Adam. So to keep a closer eye on Adam and to figure out what the doctors next plan of action is going to be they moved him back to ICU.

This afternoon Adam's blood pressure crashed. He went from having high blood pressure this morning while he was experiencing some more storms to crashing. At one point today every machine Adam was hooked up to, alarms were going off. He has had a rough day and his body has been through a lot. This afternoon I was able to talk with Adam's doctors and there are a couple of different plans. First they adjusted his programmable shunt on the right side of his brain to see if increasing the pressure enough will draw some of the fluid off the left side and drain it properly. To see if this plan is working the doctors will do another CT scan in the morning. If the CT again doesn't show a decrease in the fluid pocket on the left... it means another surgery and they will most likely remove Adam's bone flap again (skull). The doctors also plugged Adam full of fluids and put him on two antibiotics, they believe he has an infection and they are trying to locate what it is. Please pray for the CT and against infection. Tomorrow I will update you when I know more.

It's been a long and emotionally draining day, I am sorry I am not able to right any more, but I am so exhausted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

We were praying all day today. Our hearts were burdened for all of you! We are still on our knees!

Love,
Adrienne

Julie said...

Amy, my heart hurts so much for you, but I know that God is still in control and will continue to strengthen and comfort you both (and Mackenzie, too)! I wish I had more time to write, but I wanted you to know that I read your blog daily and continue to pray even when I don't get a chance to leave a comment! We love you all and will continue to lift you to the throne of our wonderful & mighty God!

Love, Julie for the Hales Family

Blog Archive