Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Jehovah Jireh

God has been so faithful in providing for my family, I am in awe of how He works through so many people and situations. He is working all things together for good. He is enough. Tonight I have had the worship song Jehovah Jireh playing over and over in my head...

Jehovah Jireh
My provider
His grace is sufficient
For me, for me, for me
Jehovah Jireh
My Provider
His grace is sufficient for me

My God shall supply all my needs
According to his riches and glory
He will give His angels charge over me
Jehovah Jireh cares
For me, for me, for me
Jehovah Jireh cares for me

God is taking care of us, and using so many of you as vessels. Thank you!

To my faithful prayer warriors, please pray for upcoming decisions that have to be made about Adam's health care. We are looking at different rehab options and trying to make the right decision on what's best for Adam's recovery. We are checking out different rehab centers, some that are even outside of North Carolina, so I come asking once again that you all join me in praying for wisdom and discernment in this decision making process. I will keep you posted, but please know it will be a several days before I will know any more information. I know God is in control and will show us the right way to go, I also know He is working on carving the path out right now. He is my Jehovah Jireh and He will supply all our needs.

We are rejoicing that Adam is moving right along in his recovery from surgery. He was moved out of ICU this evening and onto the regular floor. His day has not been a pleasant one, he is once again experiencing high blood pressure, high heart rate, he is running a fever... his body just doesn't seem to be comfortable. He has been given medications to help lower fever, he was also give beta blockers to decrease his blood pressure and heart rate, and he was given some pain killers.

God, please touch Adam's body tonight with your mighty right hand, give his body rest so that it can heal. I thank you that you are with him even when I cannot be. We thank you that you have plans for Adam, plans to restore him, to make him new, to refine him from the inside out. Only You God are capable of Adam's healing and we thank you that you are in control. We thank you God for this trial, we have seen so many blessings pour out of Your hands through this painful place. We are blessed that you chose us to be your vessels during this season, please help us to follow in your steps, help us to continue on in this journey wearing your armor. I bow before you in complete reverence. I love you my sweet Jesus. Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy it was great to meet with you, Cookie and Jack last night. Please know we are praying with and for you in your decision. Also know we will be here to help in anyway possible. Also, thanks for taking me in to see Adam, it was great to get to see him and visit briefly.
Incidently I think the butterfly you saw yesterday was a red-spotted purple. In looking for a matching image I found out your butterfly is a mimic of a poisonous Pipevine Swallowtail. Its amazing we serve a God that created two beautiful, very similar butterflies,one which is not palitable to predators and one which mimics it and thus avoids predation. The good one decided to hang out with you far a while. How cool. I can't help but think of Max Lucado's childrens book Hermie, when God tells Hermie "I'm not finished with you yet" in his transformation from catepillar to butterfly.
Philippians 1:6 "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Love in Christ,

Mark Strynar

pashastub said...

Praying for your continuing courage and strong drive. God will continue to guide you. God Bless You and Your Family! THe MacCready's from Aztec NM

Christina said...

Amy, I know you have so many decisions to make and your mind just must be constantly processing everything! Just now I finished my Bible Study and my verse for the day was 1 Timothy 6:17 whhere Paul reminds Timothy that wealth is uncertain, but God provides us with everything...I know that he will provide in some way for your family too! If one of the rehab places happens to be in Hampton Roads area of Virginia (Norfolk, Va Beach, Newport News), know that I will help you find a place to stay whether that be here or someplace closer to the facility!
Christina BD

Blog Archive