Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Surrender

I want to introduce to you Linda Byrd above in the picture. She has been a sweet soul that I have had the privilege of meeting early on at UNC. She and I have chatted many times, sharing our love for our Savior, prayers, and many tears. Her husband Jack has been at UNC since January, and was in ICU from arrival until about 3 weeks ago when he moved to the floor. Last week they gave her an estimated discharge date of July 13th, just to hear the word "home" was sweet for Linda. I ran into her today and she let me know that Jack was not doing well and they were talking about sending him back to the ICU. Please join me in praying for Linda and Jack, you all know that we have experienced leaving the ICU just to be sent back... it's emotionally draining and discouraging. Please pray with me for complete restoration of Jack's heart, lungs, and kidneys. Please also pray that Jack will not have to be sent back to the ICU.

I surrender all to Jesus. Psalm 31:14 "But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, 'You are my God'"
I am in a season of surrendering everything, my hopes, my dreams, my fears, my anxiety... every emotion, every feeling. Not saying that God won't give me the desires of my heart, someday, but for now I am surrendering it all and unto His will. I am resting in the palm of His hands. Like I have said before, He can have it all, here is my heart Lord, you can have it all.

When I stay focuses on who God is, it is so much easier to surrender, lay my burdens at the cross and allow Him to bear the weight and carry me. I serve an awesome God, He is Faithful, Sovereign, Loving, Caring, Compassionate, Majestic, Mighty, Powerful, Creative, Detailed, His timing is ALWAYS perfect... this is who God has been for me today. The song below has been the cry from the depths of my soul. I have listened to this song countless times and have played it for Adam so many times... it's where we are. So both Adam and I surrender all to you Lord.



Adam had another CT scan this morning and everything looked the same, his brain is still pushed to the right and down, and the fluid collection has not changed. So he is heading to the operating room for his 10th surgery. Adam hasn't been resting well the last couple of days. He has had a rough afternoon, his blood pressure and heart rate have been elevated and none of his usual tricks or medications seemed to help. Also, he has had quite a few neurological storms, please pray for him to get rest tonight before his surgery tomorrow. Rest is so vital for his recovery.

Please pray for Adam's surgery tomorrow, pray for his strength both physically and spiritually. Pray for all those that come in contact with Adam, that their lives are changed through the power of the Holy Spirit inside of Adam. Pray that even through the pain suffering that God will be able to use this time, in both our lives to continue to draw us closer to Him and that He will continue to change lives and be glorified.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

"Would I rather live a life of ease and comfort and remain immature in Christ, or am I willing to be seasoned with suffering if by doing so I am conformed to the image of Christ?" ~Gary Thomas (Sacred Marriage)

"We can often see the results only later. Life, is like the Hebrew language. It can only be read backward. Looking back, we see the hand of God with Thanksgiving. Looking forward, we claim the promise of God by simple faith. We sink our fingertips into God's promise, adjust our thinking accordingly, bring our moods and emotions into line, and tackle each problem and period of life as though Romans 8:28 were an unfailing certainty, which it is!" ~Robert Morgan (The Promise)

AND WE KNOW THAT IN ALL THINGS GOD WORKS TOGETHER FOR THE GOOD OF THOSE WHO LOVE HIM; THOSE WHO ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE. FOR THOSE GOD FOREKNEW HE ALSO PREDESTINED TO BE CONFORMED TO THE LIKENESS OF HIS SON,THAT HE MIGHT BE THE FIRSTBORN AMONG MANY BROTHERS. ~ROMANS 8:28-29

Lots of love & prayers, Debbie

Jeff said...

I am at the same place, Amy, of surrender. I see on all fronts that I need God desperately. I see that nothing compares with life in Him.

Phil. 3:7-12. "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ-the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.
I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me."
May God draw us all to see Him more clearly, so that our lives reflect His truth and splendor. And may God grant our requests for Adam!

Jeff (and Wendy) McSwain

pashastub said...

Praying praying praying!!Peace and Love from Aztec NM The MacCready's

Blog Archive