Friday, June 18, 2010

He Promises

To God be the glory. Almost on a daily basis I have been so blessed to hear how lives are being changed through Adam's journey. Thank you all who have let me know what God is doing in your lives through this... my prayer from day 1 has been that God would be glorified through all of this and HE HAS!

Again it comes down to a choices... this life brings pain and suffering, how are we going to walk through it? Trusting and knowing that God is in control and has ordained every step or fearful and angry that we are suffering and in pain? God has used this season of pain and suffering to bring so many blessings and joy. I choose to trust and know that God is in control, I choose to hold onto His promises. He promises hope, and a future (Jer 29:11). He promises to work together all things for good (Romans 8:28). He promises to lift us up (1 Peter 5:6). He promises to never leave us (Deut. 31:6). He promises everlasting love (Jer. 31:3). He promises peace (John 14:27). He promises strength (Philippians 4:13). He promises comfort (Isaiah 66:13). He promises eternal life (John 3:16). Amen?!!!

I can look back over the last year of our lives (Adam's, mine, and Mackenzie's) and I can see how God has prepared us for this season. Seeing how God has prepared us is confirmation that He has ordained this, so therefore He has a plan. A plan that I might not understand right now, he hasn't allowed me to see the whole picture, but I know it's good, because He is in control. I need to walk in His steps and not turn to the right or to the left but keep my eyes on Him. My prayer now is that we would remain obedient to His calling and walk in His footsteps. I would never want to go through this again, but I would not change one step of this journey... to be used as a vessel by God is an honor, a honor I am so unworthy of. I tell Adam everyday how proud I am of him that he is being God's servant, it might be difficult, and he might not understand... but I am so proud of him for being God's servant. It has been amazing to see lives changed, to see God be glorified, to see that His plan is at work.

Today Adam had another surgical procedure... yes, I said another one. His poor physical body has been through so much, I can't wait until Adam can tell me what his spirit has been through. Anyway, he had his G-tube replaced, finally! The doctors still haven't ordered food for him yet, but at least by tomorrow he should be back on nutrients and not just hydration fluids. Adam tolerated the procedure great!

About an hour and half after surgery I was talking with him and sitting with him, and his eyes were open for quite some time. When I spoke, he turned his head towards me looked at me, I asked him to squeeze my hand and he did! The nurse just happened to be in the room with me and I said did you see that?!!! She saw him move his head towards me, she saw him follow me, and she knows he tried to squeeze my hand. You know medicine, if it's not done their way, it doesn't count. So according to his doctors, this will not be considered purposeful until they see it happen several times on command over a period of time.

I believe in Adam and I believe he will show them! I told Adam he made my month! I was so excited! Today was the 35th day of this journey and this was the best I have seen him. And it's amazing considering all that he has been through in the last 3 days. I am so proud of him! He makes me the happiest wife in the world! I love that man more than words will allow me to express! Every good and perfect gift comes from above (James 1:17), and Adam is my good and perfect gift.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God continue to give you His joy daily as I see it expressed in your writings. He continues as you said to be glorified through your journey. I am so proud of you Amy and I count it an honor to be your mom.

Love you ALL!

Teri Hooper said...

How amazing is our God! Adam comes out of surgery after three days that have pushed his physical body to the limit and responds! Of course the doctors react that way because it is the least likely time for such a response. Just confirmation on who is in control! Praise God! He is using Adam and you in such a might way. Keep believing and holding on to the One who holds all the answers.

teacherjodi said...

Hallelujah!! Amy, you are such an incredible, faithful follower of Jesus. You continue to glorify Him through everything, which is exactly what we're called to do. You and Adam are both inspirations to those of us lucky enough to know you. We are praising the Lord here in Seattle for Adam's reaction to you today!!! How special and amazing!

Jewel said...

I am totally amazed and excited that he responded to you so soon after having surgery especially. Wow! God is good and continues to show His faithfulness:)

autumn weikert said...

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! I am shouting and jumping up and down with you. Our God is the Lord strong and mighty. I rejoice with you. There will be singing and dancing before the Lord tonight and tomorrow. You both are such a testimony of God's grace and strength. We love you so much. Stay steadfast and immovable in the Lord. Mighty woman of God. Once again HALLELUJAH!

Blog Archive