Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Butterflies

I was able to see Adam for a little while after he got out of surgery... I couldn't wait to see him, I was so excited just to be near him after having been apart from him all day. Adam looks good, praise the Lord. The doctors said the surgery went well and there were no surprises... so all went well and as planned! If all goes well hopefully we will be back in the Neuro care rehab unit by the end of the week... please pray that we will be. Thank you to all my prayer warriors, you all have been amazing and so faithful... thank you so much!

Isn't God amazing?!!! He is always pursing us, he is always right there to show us how much he loves us! For those of you who have read my blog even before Adam's accident and for those of you who know me well... you know how wonderfully symbolic butterflies are for me. Butterflies symbolize transformation and new beginnings and every time I have been surrounded by butterflies or have been in a situation where one lingers around me I know I am in a season of transformation and new beginnings. Today while waiting out Adam's 8 hour surgery I sat outside for a few hours and look what sat near me! New beginnings are here!

I have never seen such a beautiful butterfly, nor more perfect timing! God is so amazing! I love when I am intentional about noticing how God is pursuing me, He is always there and anytime I have asked He has been so faithful in showing me how much he loves me. He is waiting for you to ask Him, ask Him to show you.

Speaking of butterflies... a different kind... I was just talking with one of Adam's nurses today telling her ever since Adam and I first started dating and to this day I get so excited to see Adam that I get butterflies in my tummy. I love him so much. He is such a good man, I am so blessed to be able to call him my husband. Adam, I love you so much... always and forever.

Song of Solomon 2:16 My lover is mine, and I am his.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.
~Author Unknown

You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it.
But if you sit quietly in the grass it will come and sit on your shoulder.
~Author Unknown

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17

Continuing to cover you all in prayer. I love you, Debbie

Anonymous said...

We prayed for Adam last night at Tuesday night men's Bible Study.
We sure do miss him and hope that God will see fit to restore him to us again soon!

Love from us all.

Alan

Christina said...

Hi Amy- I was listening to KLOVE this morning while I was feeding my daughter. The station played a song that made me totally think of you- "Before the Morning" by Josh Wilson. The lyrics were so good and they just totally made me think of a bad situation in my past. It was awful going through it, but the joy afterwards truly seems like nothing less than a miracle. Our situations are totally different, but I pray and will continue to pray that you see that joy "in the morning" soon! I hope that song can bring you some comfort!
I'm also so thankful that you see God's confirmation of how he is walking with you- He comes in the whisper of a butterfly! :-)
Continuing to pray,
Christina Barnes Dodd

pashastub said...

May God continue to heal your Adam. Prayers from Aztec NM.. The MacCready Family!

ps,,We also love butterflys and their mysterious ways!!

Preston said...

Every time I see a butterfly I am reminded of your family! I saw one this morning too and it caused me to stop immediatly and pray. I pray for protection and everlasting strength as you continue to battle through this hard time in your life and can't wait for Adam to get better!

Jewel said...

I love this! And I'm so happy to hear the surgeries went well. Praying for you to be able to go back to the rehab soon:)

I just have to take this chance to tell you (because it was my first thought when I read this post) how you've made such an impact on my life lately. I already looked up to and respected you as a wife, mom, woman, etc. but I have to say you're continually setting new bars for me to look up to:) Your faithfulness and unconditional Godly love for Adam has me checking myself over and over again when I start to complain about the little insignificant annoyances that I come accross each day and focus on what really matters. Not that I'm there, but you're giving me inspiration on a daily basis. I know it's flowing out of your heart naturally and that's the most beautiful thing:) Love ya!

Jeri Chaitin said...

Amy,
On June 8, 2010 I prayed for you and Adam at the Western Wall in Jerusalem and all along the Via Dolorosa - the Stations of the Cross.
Jeri Chaitin
Portland, OR

Blog Archive