Saturday, June 19, 2010

Blessed Be Your Name

"Blessed be your name, on the road marked with suffering, though there is pain in the offering, blessed be your name"

This morning while driving to the hospital I couldn't get this song out of my head, finally when I arrived I pulled out my Zune and speakers and Adam and I worshiped together. I just had to be able to sing blessed by your name. I have struggled on and off throughout this journey... is it okay for me to have moments of sorrow and grief when I can see God in all of this? And when I listened to this song this morning I realized... there is pain in my offering, and I am on road marked with suffering right now, but with so much joy in heart I can say "Lord, blessed be your name!" There is joy in my sorrow.

Psalm 28:7 "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

Adam's eyes were open for most of the day today, according to the doctors measuring scale he is still not responding... but I believe he is and I believe he looks at me and is focusing on me. He only responded to painful stimuli today and no commands, but it's only going to be a matter of time, I can feel it! The doctors had to medically induce sleep for him today because he wouldn't rest and his heart rate was elevated. He wouldn't rest today and then he became agitated and his body showed signs of stress... so with the help of some heavy narcotics the doctors gave him, let's pray he will get some rest. It's great to see him open his eyes, it's hard to ask for prayer that he closes them to sleep, but that's what Adam's brain needs most right now is rest to heal.

My favorite moment of the day was when I laid my head on his shoulder for awhile then I raised my head up, he then turned his head, lowered it and looked at me. I love this man and I know he loves me so much... his eyes told me!

5 comments:

Vicky Scott said...

Amy,
"Blessed Be Your Name" was played over and over again in Jonathan's various hospital rooms. It kept us going. In a devotional I read this morning, the Scripture is John 11:35 Jesus wept. Part of the reading is "Sadness, tears, and mourning are familiar territory for everyone on this earth--even for Jesus. His tears tell us that it's okay if tears "just slip out.' And they remind us that the reason tears of sorrow will be extinct in eternity is that "there will be no ore death, nor sorrow, nor crying, There shall be no more pain." Rev 21:4 from Our Daily Bread

Your comments are right on target. Praying for you all.

Vicky

pashastub said...

Pryaing for you and your family from Aztec NM. The MacCready's

Jewel said...

I definitely agree that you are allowed some grief. We were just talking last night about what you and I talked about when you visited last, something your brother had shared with you about God making room for His love and His working in your life. Do you remember? The whole every action has an opposite reaction thing that I still don't fully understand, but know in my heart what is true. Anyway, grief makes way for joy, don't you think? Times in my life where God has poured on me an abundance of grace and blessings, I can remember first going through a time of grieving and sorrow.

I believe that he sees you and knows you and looked at you. I'm so excited! He's going to continue to amaze everyone, I just know it:) Take care today. oxox

Teri Hooper said...

Amy, Of course you can weep. I love the new Amy Grant song, "Better than a Hallelujah". God is strong enough to handle all our feelings - sorrow, anger, fear - He knows anyway. He loves when we come to Him honestly. You're crying does not in any way lessen your faith or your testimony. You are fulling trusting Him, but it is a hard road you are on. Remember: Ecc 3:1 There is a time for everything, for every season under heaven...4 a time to weep and a time to laugh. Ps 30:5 The nights of crying your eyes out give way to laughter. Luke 6:21 Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh. And the one that really speaks to me for you AND Adam: Ps 126:6 though one goes along weeping carrying the bag of seed, he will surely come back with shouts of joy, carrying his sheaves. You will all shout with joy praising God for the harvest, Amazing Ambassador for Christ!

Anonymous said...

I stepped off my flight from Texas to RDU, and what is the first song that came up on my car radio? Yep - Blessed Be Your Name! How I was not pulled over for being an insane wacko singing at the top of my lungs and waving my hands in the air is totally beyond me - but it was awesome to say the least! Praise be to God for His awesome power, His never ending love, and the knowledge that He is in control of everything in our lives. Love ya'll ! Bill

Blog Archive