Tuesday, June 29, 2010

All In God's Plans

Adam will be heading back to the operating room for another surgery on Thursday. The doctors decided it was in Adam's best interest to lift the bone flap (skull) and remove the fluid on the left side so that his brain will return back to center. This will hopefully be the last surgery and I pray that it gives him the best possible chance to recover. The doctors ordered another CT scan for the morning just to finalize their plans and then operate on Thursday. Again this is their best educated guess in what they "think" will fix Adam. I am so glad I worship a God who doesn't just think, but KNOWS all things... Amen?!!! I do agree with the doctors that this will help Adam, because the fluid has not increased over the last 8 days, getting rid of this problem will hopefully fix the fluid build up. This is Adam's 10th surgery, please pray for continued strength for him. I have so much peace because God is in control and has been... I trust him.

Adam truly is the strongest man I know to have endured and persevered everything that he has on this journey. Every day I let him know that I am so proud of him, that I believe in him, and that I love him... I am so glad he heard me say these things to him on a regular basis before the accident, I know he hears me and I hope and pray he understands and hears the familiar words.

Jeremiah 17:7&8 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." I am so grateful to know without a doubt in my mind that my man trusted in the Lord. Because Adam is like a tree planted by the water, and fruit is coming and will continue to come... because Adam is God's servant and has continued to be so this whole time.

God is using Adam even in his bed to reach and minister to those who come in contact with him. Like I have mentioned before, I pray everyday over Adam that whoever touches Adam will be changed, that they will feel a tangible touch of God's love. I have been blessed enough to see that lives have been changed by those who have touched Adam... Doctors, nurses, friends, family and even complete strangers... God is moving in a mighty way and I am bowing before him with a completely surrendered heart and in awe of what He has done, what He is doing and that He picked us to be apart of His plans to change lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvIEJ_PmqJ8

2 comments:

Mary said...

God's power is very evident in your life. Through your weakness He is strong. We've been singing "Our God is greater" by Chris Tomlin at church a lot recently. I ALWAYS think about and pray for Adam during it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlA5IDnpGhc&feature=related

Terada Family said...

We will be praying for Adam's surgery tomorrow and wisdom for the doctors during our fasting day today. Let us know if you have any other specific things you would like us to pray for. You can always send me an e-mail with a request list.

Love and Blessings,
Adrienne

Blog Archive