Friday, May 28, 2010

You're My Favorite


This song has been one that I have been singing and listening to for this past week. I encourage you all to listen to it.


Bring The Rain by:MercyMe

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise you with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times

So I pray
Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life bring me pain
But if that's what it take to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain
I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray

Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty

Adam is still in a coma, but I believe he is with me, I feel it in the deepest part of my soul... he is with me. I know without a doubt in my mind, he is loving me in the ways he knows how... I feel it, I feel him. Today Adam and I shared ear buds and listened to my Zune. We listened to the song above and a few others. My verse that I prayed over Adam and I gave him today was Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you. Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." We prayed together, we encouraged each other... we just spent time together, just the two of us. It was passionate, intimate, and beautiful. I love that man with everything that is inside my soul. He is such a good man, and he is all my man.

In one of my special moments with Adam today, I was whispering sweet nothings in his ear and I it just came out... "you're my favorite" Ever since Adam and I were dating he tells me multiple times a day... "You're my favorite." Now it's my turn to tell him. So... Adam, honey.... "You're my favorite. Always and forever you will be my favorite."

Adam's fever has been a low grade fever and stable not going up and down like it has been. We met with the physical therapist and she showed us how to work Adam's muscles. His muscles have begun to fatigue and it's important that we keep them moving so that he will be able to go a recovery center rather than a nursing facility when we eventually get to be discharged from the hospital. Adam is working himself out of the NS ICU. If all goes well we will be out of the ICU middle of next week!!!

The joy of the Lord is my strength... and today I have joy, peace, love, hope and much more... because my Savior lives and is breathing life into my soul. I love you Jesus. Jesus loves you just the same as he loves me, for this I know... the Bible tells me so.

Thank you to all you have posted comments, sent me cards and care packages, and said prayers for my family and myself... I might not comment on everything, but they ALL mean the world to me and keep me going. Thank you for your love, support, and encouragement in such a difficult time in my life... it will NEVER be forgotten.

4 comments:

Bev said...

Amy,

I love that song as well. The words are so powerful. Thank you for sharing with us and allowing us to grow closer to God through this journey. Another song called Washed By the Water by NeedToBreathe reminds me of Romans 8:28 ...in all things God works for the good of those who love Him...The words to the song are: Even when the rains falls, Even when the flood starts rising, Even when the storm comes, I am washed by the water. God is working through you and Adam. I am praying so hard for you, Adam, Mckenzie, and both of your families.

In His Love,
Bev

Vicky said...

Amy,
You continue to do the right things. Nothing is more important than encouraging Adam, who, as you already know, can hear you. I am sure that Adam is also being serenaded by choirs of angels while his brain and body are healing. This Scripture below has been very helpful to me these past two and a half years with our son, Jonathan. Also, Blessed Be Your Name by Matt Redman has brought us great strength. We continue to pray for your family and your names are lifted up by many in different parts of the world. The Lord Bless you and keep you, Adam, and yours. Vicky

Habakkuk 3:17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

Jewel said...

Bill and I went to a concert last night...a North Carolina band actually. John Mark McMillan who wrote "How He Loves Us". Have you heard the version by David Crowder? Anyway, there was one point where we were swaying together to a song and holding hands. Emotions totally overcame me and I have been thinking all day how music connects us on a level that is above even our feelings, and brings unity to our spirits. My marriage has needed that lately which is why I think it touched me so deeply. This whole post is just beautiful and the picture of you listening to those songs together makes me think of that. xo

Annie said...

There is so much love here in all these words...

My earnest prayer is that Adam will one day read these posts and the two of you will be able to weep tears of joy for ALL the Lord has done. May He truly deepen your hearts in love (as well as the rest of us here too)!

Blog Archive