Sunday, May 30, 2010

Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes and prayers sent our way today, they were so touching. Yes, today was my birthday, not just any birthday, but my 30th birthday. Not exactly how I envisioned it, but I was given the best gift of all... my husband is still here with me.

My family put together a really nice somewhat surprise party for me in the ICU area of the hospital... not my choice of venues, but it was so nice to be surrounded by family. Speaking of family, I am working hard at the moment to be strong... both my sisters fly out tomorrow and my brother flys out on Tuesday. I am not ready for them to go. I have loved their company, support, encouragement, and help over the last couple of weeks and I am so grateful for all they have done. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I love you guys. God will repay what I cannot, only heaven knows my heart.

Please continue to pray fervently for Adam, doctors are concerned that Adam is at high risk of pneumonia. He was needing to be suctioned regularly, which shows that Adam is weaker and less able to cough on his own. His fever went back up again and they are back to treating his fever with medication to keep it under control. The doctors are running several different cultures and doing daily chest x-rays, but we won't know anything for a couple of days since cultures take a couple of days to grow out. The doctors found a small area on his right lung today that they are watching very closely, they are unsure if it's pneumonia or the beginnings of his lung collapsing. Again, in my not so professional opinion, I believe Adam is going to be fine. Please join me in praying that Adam is infection free and that his body will find rest in the arms of his Savior so that his body can heal.

Thank you again for all the faithful prayers, I will write more tomorrow. But for right now, I am seeing double I am so exhausted... Good night, I am going to crawl up in the arms of my comforter and find my rest.

4 comments:

Glenn Steers said...

Amy, you don't know me but I'm neighbors of your friends Debbie & John and she told us about your situation tonight. God loves Adam and you so much and I know that sometimes we have trouble seeing His Hand in all situations...but it's there and you're in the palm of it! We're praying for you and trusting with you that God will heal and restore your Adam to you and Mackenzie. My wife, Karen, was healed 4 years ago from stage 4 colon cancer and she is still cancer free today (Praise God!). Your journey will no doubt be different than ours, but your Father is the same as ours and He loves your family so dearly. We're lifting the Root family in our prayers!

With Love,
Glenn & Karen Steers

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to You Amy! I'm glad your family prepared a celebration, even in the midst of your current situation. Once Adam is healed I'm sure you will make time to celebrate even more!

I am continuing to pray with you for Adam's healing and for you and Mackenzie too...

I sent Renae some information about healing rooms. They do Skype and phone praying too...please consider it for Adam. The more prayer the better! :-)

Love and Hugs, Colette

**mArC** The Schifano Tribe said...

Amy, Im a friend of Glenn Steers. I live in Boston and have heard your story. On June 25, 2007 I had a motorcycle accident and had a left occipital hematoma. (blood clot in my brain) I have a metal left radial plate in my arm and neuralgia still (head sensitivity) and my wife and I are are praying healing in The name of Jesus over your situation right now. It was hard on my wife and we had one son then. I cant help but cry as I write this. Im sorry for you going through this. Hang in there. Love, Some Extended Family.

Adam & Amy Root said...

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement today... today they were much needed. Thank you all for your faithful prayers, love, and support... not sure where I would be without it.

Blog Archive