Saturday, May 22, 2010

Rejoicing in a good day.

"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Giving thanks in times of trials and difficulty is always a battle of the mind, but this week it has gone to a whole new level for me. Disciplining the mind to take fear captive and remain in the moment is a consistent moment by moment struggle for me right now. I found it easier to take my fear captive when I am able to give thanks in my circumstances. Fear and faith cannot coexist for me right now, if I allow fear to creep in I begin to loose faith. So being able to give thanks also allows me to have faith that God is working all things together for good.

Things I am thankful for in this moment:
(listed in no particular order)
  • I was given one more precious day with my man, my best friend... my husband
  • I am thankful that God chose me to be Adam's wife and helpmate
  • The LIVING Word of God
  • The blessing of family
  • Awesome friends
  • An amazing church body who has been awesome at supplying needs for my family
  • Prayers from around the world... I have heard from people as far as China praying for Adam
  • Good medical attention and help
  • Adam had an okay day
  • God has supplied all my needs
  • Strength that is not my own
  • Hope... because my hope does not come from doctors, nurses, or medical reports... but comes from the author and perfecter of my faith

There is so much more I could come up with, but for now this is a good start. Maybe I will add to it more later.

Adam's day seemed to go okay. His neuro exams were about the same, he is still struggling with consistent movement... but at least we are getting movement. His temperature seemed to be easier to control today, went up and down tonight he still has a fever of 101.4. Both pupils were dilated today and did not get great movement out of them. The doctors are considering putting in an EVD drain because there seems to be an increase of fluids around the injury site on the brain. His swelling has increased tonight and the doctors are keeping a close look on him.

My personal non-medical opinion, I think Adam looks great. He has good color, he seemed more restful than he has the last couple of days. Even though the doctors say this doesn't count... I am counting it... I saw Adam try to open his eyes while they were suctioning him. This tickles me so much to see subtle changes, but changes none the less!

Personal note... please continue to pray for Adam's recovery. Also be praying for Mackenzie and I as this is starting to hit us emotionally. Not only have I been apart from Adam for over a week, but Mackenzie as well. My heart is breaking in pieces... and the pain is cutting deep at the moment. I share this because we need prayer. You all have been so faithful and encouraging us. It's so comforting in knowing I can count on so many people lifting us up. I know God is in control and and I know he is faithful in being my feet right now to carry me through this, since I am not capable of walking this journey with my own two feet...

Here is my heart God, you can have it all. Refine me and and purify me so that I may become more like you through this journey. Help me to keep my eyes on you, even in the darkest, most difficult moments. Here I am God, use me. Amen

6 comments:

The Blair Gang said...

Amy - We are walking beside you believing and claiming that the big, amazing God that effortlessly and perfectly formed Adam's body at birth will now fix, heal and restore him. He is more than able and we are praying for this!

May you also feel the prayers of the many holding up your breaking heart as you press on being a mommy and wife. Your faith and honesty is inspiring because it really is ALL we have. Breathe in the Goodness of the Lord anywhere you can find it right now. Let His strenth be perfect in your weakness.

Much love to you and your family. I know many people are saying this, but PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. I the mean time...We're praying....we're with you....

The Blair Gang said...

I don't know if it tells you, but that was me...Monica Blair. :)

Carlee said...

We're PRAYING AMY. We will NEVER stop! Mackenzie has been at the top of my prayers. I haven't forgotten her or you! I know how hard this must be for you to be disconnected with her. She is lucky to have you! She is a smart and amazing little girl. You guys have done so well. You can do this! You can get through this. Our God is SO big, everyday he rejoices in your strength, faith and hope. He hasn't let go of you or Mackenzie or Adam. His plan has already been made, follow in it the best you can. I'm thankful for your heart and the joy you have brought. Your positivity flows into the lives of others and that positivity, that energy is what is keeping us all focused in prayer for your family. I am thanking God for you often. Thank you for your discipline to prepare your heart and your mind for this, (I mean we're never prepared) but your desire to know God before and now has prepared you and equipped you for the strength you are needing today. Hold on to that. It is what will continue to carry you through. We don't know the length of this journey, but what we do know is that God will be with your family the whole way through. You are precious in his sight. My heart breaks for your pain. I'm lost for words of understanding. I miss you and love you so much! You ordered some more prayer? Get ready...it's coming! May you be rested and blessed tonight! Tomorrow is a new day, as will be the day after that!

AAJ said...

Amy,

Thank you for your updates. We crave to know how we can pray for your family each day.

Love,
Amy & Jesse

Bill LaPiana said...

…those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles: they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:30-31

I was reminded of God's mighty power and strength this morning as our windows rattled and the house shook from the thunder, and the sky was lit up by the lightening - as the earth was cleansed and fed by the rain...

Lenora Byrd, Scott said...

Amy, I know you do not know me. I am Wilma Root's 1st cousin. Pauline is my mother.

I just want to let you know that my heart, thoughts and prayers are with your family ever minute of the day.

Lenora Scott

Blog Archive