Friday, May 21, 2010

Power In Prayer

Just wanted to update you on Adam and share an awesome praise as well...

Adam had a rough night last night, his heart rate was elevated for reasons which they couldn't figure out. 3 out 4 neuro exams Adam had no movement on either side. And his right pupil dilated which is a symptom of pressure still building on his brain. His fever broke around 9pm, but returned around 2am. Overall it was a little rough, but there is still peace.

I spent a lot of time in Adam's room last night, I cannot express into words the presence of God that resides in his room and with him on his hospital bed. I just know God is all around. While I bathed Adam he was peaceful and calm and showed movement at his following neuro exam. My prayer has been that the joy of the Lord will fill Adam's body, mind, and spirit. I can feel the peace, hope, joy, and love when I am with him in his room.

While Adam might have had a rough night, we are expecting there to be ups and downs, but I know whether it's an up or a down, God is in control.

Adam is currently in surgery, I wanted to take this moment to share with you all an awesome blessing and praise. After the doctors explained everything to me about the procedure I asked if I could have a moment to pray over Adam and his surgery. The doctor preforming the surgery asked if I would mind if he also joined me in prayer and I was so tickled. So there over Adam was myself, his mom, 6 doctors and 2 nurses and after I opened us in prayer the main doctor also said a prayer over Adam and his team. He put God in control of Adam's surgery and thanked God for allowing him (the doctor) to be a servant to God. There is so much power in prayer. The presence of God and the Holy Spirit in me is so strong and intense that I can't help but to be filled with joy and rejoice in this moment.

I will post again later this evening with an update on Adam and how the surgery went. I love you all for praying with me, the body of Christ has been an amazing gift to me. Thank you all so much.

6 comments:

The Caudill Clan said...

Simply,
PRAISE GOD!!!!

Jerry Richart said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jewel said...

WOW! God is absolutely amazing and showing His faithful self in this! What an amazing thing to pray with the whole team. Amy you are so special and loved:)

Bill LaPiana said...

Awesome news having the physicians and nurses acknowledge that God is in control, and looking to Him for blessings upon the surgery! If God be for us, who can be against us?! We are also feeling a wonderful presence of God in all of this as we know He is in control and has a plan..

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy,

We are praying for you and your family daily(our church is too)!

His mercies are new every morning!

Love, Paige

DeAnna said...

Your boldness to ask for prayer is allowing the others to be bold too. God is using this for His glory because you are allowing him too. I don't know if you will remember me or not and it doesn't really matter if you don't... I am a fellow prayer warrior for your entire family as God has you on this journey.

DeAnna Richmond

Blog Archive