Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Heart Today

Dear God,

You see my heart today, not everything in it is pure; with your right hand please divinely touch my heart. Purify it make it clean and holy before you. Help me to not take my eyes off you. Help me not to stumble by looking at my circumstances or myself, but to fix and keep my gaze on you.

Lord, you know where I am struggling and I ask that you please fill me today with an extra measure of your peace and grace so that your light will shine through me. Let my words be yours and not my own. Make me less so that you can be so much more through me.


Lord, where Adam usually caresses my face, kisses me, and holds me tightly next to him... let me feel you so much more through his absence. You see my broken heart, you see my sorrow, and yet, you have been so faithful in showing me how to love Adam in a whole new way that brings me joy. Only you God are capable of turning tears of sorrow to joyful rejoicing.

God I praise you and thank you for strengthening and upholding me by your righteous right hand. I take comfort in knowing that you will never leave me nor forsake me. I am trying my best to love you with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength.
Amen




Above was a piece of my personal journal entry from today. "One of the most important parts of fulfilling our destiny will be transparency." Beth Moore Esther Bible Study. In needing to be transparent, I have a confession, I have been operating on such little sleep and today was the first day I noticed that I am starting to become emotionally irrational. So I left the hospital for the first time for more than just an hour or two. I am currently home (which will be another blog entry for another time) trying to figure out how to be here, let alone rest here without the love of my life.

I am fighting such a spirit of guilt, guilt in leaving Adam, which I know in my heart of hearts that this guilt is not of God. This is where rest is becoming vital so that the enemy will have no place in this journey, no victory in my emotions, no victory in allowing me to be fearful, no victory in creating anxiety, only fear of the one I too fear... The King of kings, Lord of lords. He has already claimed victory in this situation and won the battle. I am praying that God will comfort and be with Adam while I am not at his bedside.

Please pray for my family this evening, (this seems so silly to say when I know you all have been faithfully praying) pray that we will find rest in the arms of my Savior tonight. Also keep praying for God to continue His will for Adam's life. Thank you for your obedience to Christ and the role that you all have played as a member of the body of Christ Jesus. I am praying that God will strengthen your faith as well through this so that God can ultimately be continued to be glorified through this.

Philippians 4: 8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."

4 comments:

Julie said...

Amy, you may remember me from TCC, my name is Julie Hales. My son, Brandon, is in the youth group. Thank you so much for writing this blog! I have been reading & praying since Sat night at the Family Fun Night when I learned of Adam's accident from Bill. Your impact on the youth of our church was already great, but as they watch you depending on God during this tough journey, I know that God will touch their lives even deeper as He touches yours. Thank you even more for your transparency! "His strength is made perfect in our weakness"! Your families pain will not be in vain! God is touching so many lives all around the world as they become a part of what He is doing in your lives by praying for you & reading in your blog about what God is teaching you day by day as you walk this journey with Him. May God give you an extra portion of His strength, comfort, peace & love today!!! Love in Christ, Julie

Terada Family said...

Amy,

I was praying all day yesterday that you would be able to take care of yourself. I am so glad to hear that you went home to rest. As you have said before, this is a marathon, and sleep and rest will be critical for you to have all the strength you need to get through this. I will continue to pray against any guilt that may come your way and for transitioning to how to be without Adam at home. Your faith will get you through because you have an exra large portion of it!

Love,
Adrienne

Jewel said...

I just sort of flashed back to when Emma was in the hospital and I had to leave her in the middle of the day to be home by the time the girls got home from school. I remember crying uncontrollably while leaving the hospital parking lot and it coming again and again on my hour drive home. Wow, that was a difficult day, but God was faithful in being with her.

Amy that is so beautiful and I think God is answering your prayer through all of this. When I was praying/thinking about you the thought occured from that Kari Jobe song about God coming down to write upon our hearts. The thing is is that song has came to my mind while going through difficult and painful things but I'm now seeing the results of that writing, feeling like God met me at the core of me. I know He's faithful and is touching you deeply through this. Someday you will look back and say without hesitation, "Thank you!" I prayed this morning that God would carry you this day and you'd feel tangibly the security of His loving arms. Adam and Mackenzie are blessed to have you. And know that if you get distracted by circumstances others are holding all of you up in hope and faith in God's healing power. In our weaknesses He's made strong:) I love you:)

Rachel Newby said...

Rest well in His peace my friend - it's exactly what Adam would have you do too.

Blog Archive