Sunday, May 23, 2010

Long Day

I was able to see Adam for about 10 minutes after his surgery before they whisked him away to an MRI. The doctors are concerned because Adam's right pupil which has been dialated for several days is not following the pattern of his injury, and he has slowed in response in his neuro exams. He has been in the MRI for the last 2 1/2 hours, when they said it was only going to be 40 minutes. The doctors' concern was there might be another area of the brain that was injured and are mainly looking at the brain stem.

Please pray as I am trying hard not to be anxious and I am trying remain in the moment. My God is faithful in love, faithful in mercy, faithful in hope, faithful to carry me.

PLEASE PRAY.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy,

I read this verse today and thought of you.

"(She) will have no fear of bad news; (her) heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. (Her) heart is secure, (she) will have no fear; in the end (she) will look in triumph on (her) foes." Psalm 112: 7-8

You are an amazing testimony for Him! Praying daily...

Love, Paige

DeAnna Richmond said...

Amy,

The waiting must be the hardest and I know there is a lot. SO here is the verse that is my head and that I am praying over you now...
Isaiah 40:33 But those who wait(some versions say 'trust') on the LORD Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
Lord send your strength and peace in the times of waiting.

Kelsey said...

I love you Amy. We are praying for you, and you inspire me. I love you.
kelsey

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy: God Bless You! Your open and honest updates are much appreciated. The strength of your faith shines through and is a beautiful testimony to the One who loves you most.

For you...one of my favorite verses from Isaiah~

Is. 41:10 - "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

The portion of the verse, "for I am with you" brings to mind a spontaneous worship song that I often enjoy listening to. It is a repetitive reminder that "I am with you... That's all you need to know is that I am with you." The person speaking goes on to say that we don't need to know anything else except that He is with us. These words are often a comfort to me and I pray they will be a blessing to you as well.

Love and Prayers, Colette

kidologie said...

Amy - deeply sympathetic hearing your news. The Wellum's are praying for you and Adam and your family every day. If there is anything we can do - if Mackenzie needs anything - do not hesitate to ask.

Rich Wellum

Blog Archive