Wednesday, May 19, 2010

God's Grace Is Enough

I never realized how comforting writing this blog would be, but it has turned out to be a source of comfort to write my thoughts as well as updates.

While there has been no change in Adam's condition, this is my personal belief update not a medical update...

As a wife I am created to be my husband's helpmate, yet right now I feel so helpless. I would love to take all this away from him, but I know and believe that God is doing a work through all of this. I love my role as a wife and helpmate and I have learned new ways to be a helpmate in this time. My favorite things to do for Adam is to sing to him, read to him, pray with him, hold him, love him.

The nurses have been great at letting me be involved. I like to do as much as possible and I let the nurses if they can teach me, then I want to do whatever I can... I now bathe him, I do his oral care as much as possible, and I help the nurses reposition him. I have learned so much and I love being Adam's advocate. I love Adam with all my heart, more than words can say.

I have such a great praise, today I have been carried through the day by strength that is not my own. I have had such peace and hope in the day. Despite what the doctors say, I choose to believe that Adam hears me and knows he is holding my hand. Today his heart rate was elevated for a long period of time and I started singing to him and his heart rate lowered to a normal rate. I choose to believe that this is not by accident but because he knows it's me.

I will write again tomorrow. But for now I leave you with Philippians 4: 7&8 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

PLEASE KEEP PRAYING, WE NEED ALL OF THEM.

8 comments:

Pastor Matt LaPiana said...

Amy,
From heaven the Lord looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength. A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save. But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you. (Psalm 33:13-22) I am still deep in prayer for all of you. May God Bless you and keep you at peace.

Jennie said...

Amy,
Your strength during this time is so amazing. Thank you so much for your updates. I just keep praying for you guys. Keep singing to him! Like you, I truly believe that he knows you're there. There is so much research that supports the fact that people who are in a coma can still hear everything.

God bless you and the rest of the family...
Jennie

John said...

Psalms 91:9-14:

9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-

10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;

12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

jodi_96 said...

Amy, I was driving to work this morning and praying for you and your family. A Lincoln Brewster song came on the radio (I'm sure you know it) and I was struck by the lyrics. I had to log on and share them with you...

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord.
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord.

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our strong deliverer.

You are the everlasting God,
The everlasting God.
You do not faint,
You won't grow weary.
You're the defender of the weak,
You comfort those in need,
You lift us up on wings like eagles.

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord.
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord.

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our strong deliverer.

You are the everlasting God,
The everlasting God.
You do not faint,
You won't grow weary.
You're the defender of the weak,
You comfort those in need,
You lift us up on wings like eagles.

Hallelujah! We serve an everlasting, amazing, wonderful God. I pray that he strengthens you, comforts you, and allows you to FEEL His presence.

Jodi Steele

Adam & Amy Root said...

Thank you so much for so many wonderful words of encouragement. I am so blessed to have so many people loving on me and my family! Thank you for all your prayers, keep em coming :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,

My Dad was a pastor for many years, and he said that people can hear you while in a coma. He met several people who had been in comas that remembered what he had said them to them while they were in a coma. He even led one to the Lord while they were in a coma. Adam definitely can hear you, and I am sure that is why you've had such an effect on him. We are praying for you guys.

James Kendall

Anonymous said...

A friend who was more dead than alive is 99% recovered from his ordeal. We chock it up the prayers of those who lifted him up and the faithfulness of our God. That same group of prayer warriors are lifting up Adam.

Jerry

Jody said...

Adam absolutely knows it's you! Our amazing God will get you and Adam through this. Your prayer warriors are hard at work everyday. God is so faithful!

Blog Archive