Monday, May 24, 2010

Sow in Tears Reap With Songs of Joy

God has been carrying me through the last 24 hours with this:

Psalm 126: 5&6 "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to so, will return with songs of joy." My footnote says: God's ability to restore life is beyond our circumstances. Forests burn down and are able to grow back. Broken bones heal. Even grief is not a permanent condition. Our tears can be seeds that will grow into a harvest of joy because God is able to bring good out of tragedy. When burdened by sorrow, know that your times of grief will end and that you will again find joy. We mist be patient as we wait. God's great harvest of joy is coming. Amen.

I don't know how to even begin this blog post, it's been a difficult 24 hours. I know that I said I would post something last night, but I was unable to.

Last night we were given a preliminary reading on Adam's MRI, I am unable to give all the details right now, it's just too hard. The basic message is that there was more damage to Adam's brain then originally thought and the damage is deeper and more internal than originally thought. Later, when I have had time to process all the information I heard last night I will explain more, but for now this is all that I can say. Too many tears. I have learned that I can still have peace and the strength of the King of Kings and be sad.

Today, Adam was leaking more CSF fluid from his sutures instead of going through the drain. Which shows it was taking the path of least resistance. We want the fluid to go out the drain and not the sutures to prevent infections. So the doctors resutured his entire head. He spiked another fever today, but after a nice chat with the nurses I helped them by explaining what I thought would work and sure enough... 4 hours later his fever went down. Adam has been removed from the ventilator as well! Overall today Adam was stable! We have been told numerous times that it's and up and down roller coaster journey... today seemed to be an up day. I love being so active in Adam's care, now that I have had my full focus on him 24 hours a day I notice the subtle changes good and bad. Being so active really aides me being Adam's best advocate.

I love that so many of you have offered to help in any way that you can. The help that I need from all of you is prayers still, please continue to pray fervently. With the messages I have received from you, you all have been an inspiration to me and my prayer life. Thank you for your beautiful words of encouragement and your faithful prayers.

So many of you have asked to do something, or just anything for me... here's what you all can do for me:


  1. Draw closer to God in your own relationship with him, so that God can be glorified through you in this situation. On a "pass it along" card I have in my pocket it says "God doesn't want shares of your life, He wants controlling interest. Mark 12:30 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."

  2. Appreciate the moment you've been given so rejoice and be glad in it. Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own."

  3. Evaluate your priorities in your life, does God sit on the throne in your life? Do your loved ones know that you love the way Christ has called you to love? Matthew 13:34 "A new command I give you, love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

I too am praying for all of you, that God will touch each of you through this season of my life. I pray that you turn to him and draw closer to him and that in return he will draw near to you. Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

8 comments:

Jody said...

When we are weak, then He is strong. Jeremiah 30:17 'But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the Lord.'

We are claiming this verse of Scripture for Adam's injuries and you and Mackenzie's hearts.
With love,
Jody & Scott

Anonymous said...

Amy-many months ago when we met u reopened my eyes to the Lord and helped me get my footing back in faith with our long walks and coffee talks.Hearing how strong u are and the love u and Adam have for each other has once again opened my eyes. I treasured those mornings togther and always will. When u would speak about Adam the love and pride in ur eyes was obvious,soul mates.Your relationshiup,I always envied.I know Adam is proud to call u his wife and have u there to speak for him when he can't.-love and prayers-emily

Gretchen said...

Amy, I praying without ceasing. My heartache is so hugh I can only imagine yours. We are fasting again on Wednenday for Adam and will continue to do so. We love you all so much. Love Aunt Gretchen

B. Root said...

Amy, I am so, so sorry about the MRI results and am crying and praying with you and Cookie. Feeling anguished, can only imagine how you must feel. Thank God for your faith, I know it comforts you and I am grateful for that. I will keep praying.

Love, Aunt Bev

Christine Woods said...

God will bless you for your heart poured out for Him. He is holding your family in the palm of His hand. Love, Christine

Anonymous said...

He is with you, Amy. The Lord is present to daily bear your burdens. He will never leave you nor forsake you...or Adam...or your daughter. Sometimes it's helpful to hear repeated the things that we know, the truths that we stand upon.

I join Jody & Scott in claiming Jer. 30:17 for Adam.

Hugs of Love, Colette

DeAnna said...

One more thing that those of you who know Adam well can do is share stories of how he has touched your life or things he does that make you laugh. Stories that Amy can read to him while he is in the hospital.
When my friend was in the hospital after a horrible accident we were able to be by her side and tell her ourselves what she meant to us. She made a miraculous recovery even against what doctors said.
You all are amazing and I wish I knew you all better. Keep praying, keep hoping and keep your eyes on Jesus.

Anonymous said...

It's a new day Amy~ A friend posted this verse on FB; it made me think of you...

If I should say, "My foot has slipped,"Your lovingkindness, O LORD, will hold me up. When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul. ~ Psalm 94:18-19~

'Praying God's consolations delight your soul today as He wraps you in His great arms of love and surrounds you with His presence.

Love & Prayers, Colette

Blog Archive