Friday, May 21, 2010

Be Joyful In Hope

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:9

I am going to update some what quick tonight because I am exhausted and can't think enough to form sentences to write.

Adam's surgery went well, with all the tubes out of his mouth and nose it was so wonderful to see his face. He is so incredibly handsome to me, I couldn't wait to kiss him. I thought it would be nice to shave him and clean him up now that the tubes were out of his face. So thank God I had a male nurse today who was able to show me how to shave my man. I so love being my husband's helpmate. I feel so blessed to have had this day with him.


Because of surgery he didn't respond all too well to his neuro exams which was to be expected. WE NEED THE PRAYERS TO CONTINUE... The doctors are no longer thinking his fever is a post operative fever, they believe Adam has developed an infection, they are trying to locate it. So far they have ruled out a couple of infections, but they are going to be testing him for pneumonia and they are also going to be doing a Spinal Tap to see if there is a possible infection in the spine. His heart rate tonight remained elevated for a couple hours, but about 30 minutes ago it started to calm down. The doctors have Adam hooked up to a EEG to monitor brain activity over the next 24 hours.

In the joyful moments, painful moments, weepy moments, thankful moments, I continue to trust in the Lord, and receive from Him all that is needed to sustain this moment. I know God is faithful, he is with me and walking before me with each step. I am doing my best to remain obedient and walk in the way he is calling me. Isaiah 30:21 says "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'"

8 comments:

Jody said...

I am so encouraged to know our AMAZING, LOVING God is with Adam every second of every day. We continue to pray and trust in the Lord and His mighty healing hands.
Love,
Jody & Scott

Carlee said...

Amy your updates are very much appreciated. I've felt a bit lost here in Everett, I can't imagine what it's like to be there. I'm so proud of you. You are modeling Christ in a way that inspires me to be better. Thank you for your wisdom, your honesty and the time you are taking to update us all. May God continue to calm that place, your heart and Adam's body, May God continue to lay hands on Adam as his body heals and recovers. I pray that your focus is pure and towards God. He will show you the way if your eyes stay on him. You are doing a wonderful job, I miss you guys more than ever. My heart is with you here in Everett. Please know my family, some co-workers, MC4, small group and some friends are praying for you guys. Bless you!
Carlee and Tim

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I'm constantly checking your blog for updates, and check in with Brad daily for updates. I was in my garage working on my quad tonight, and remembered when Adam and you got married how Brad, Adam, and I road quads on the Sand Dunes and camped out the night before. Which led to other memories of Adam whether it be intertubing behind the boat or golfing when an errant shot of his almost caught me between the eyes. I'm thinking of you all constantly praying and hoping for the best.

Josh

Jenn R said...

Amy,

We so appreciate these updates. We are praying that you continue to feel God's presence and his peace like you have never experienced before. I was so blessed to read of the doctors and nurses joining with you in prayer over Adam. What a testimony to the Lord's goodness.

In Christ's love,
Jenn Rodeniser

Bill LaPiana said...

Amy - as I read your post and got to the part where you mention that God is walking with you I had a very clear vision : I saw a single pair of footprints across a beach, with both you and Adam being held in each of the large arms of Jesus (like one would cradle a pair of newborn babies). I know you are right that He certainly is with you - but He is not behind or in front of you - He is carrying you both !! Thank you Jesus !

Amy - THANK YOU for ALL that you are doing by your GIVING, LOVING, CARING, PRAYING, SINGING, SHARING and PROTECTING of your handsome man Adam - and for allowing us all to share in this journey by your posting and allowing us to help in any way that we can to allow you quality time with Adam as he heals.

Anonymous said...

Amy, in reading the comments posted above, I find my heart saying "ditto to what Carlee said." I can't improve on that. Thank you. Bless you. God is with you.

Even though I don't know you personally, I too feel at a loss here in Washington. It's true that the best help we can give from here is our "fervent prayers" on behalf of you and Adam and your family. But oh how I want to be there to hug you and give you a back rub and minister in a tangible fashion... [hugs and backrubs are my specialty; I am a woman of prayer as well so here's a cyber hug and backrub and lots of prayers...]

Sending you much love from Lynnwood~ Colette

Adam & Amy Root said...

I am in tears as I read these precious comments from all of you. These comments and kind words are such a blessing and feel like 2X4's holding me up.

Tears...

Kathy said...

We have never met but I am part of the Horizon Church Passage Group. We are praying for you. I hope one day you will know the amazing impact you are having on the world around you. Your faithful commitment and submission to Christ is truly encouraging. I know God will keep blessing your family.

Blog Archive